Show Your Bike Pride, and Take Advantage of our new Concierge Service (as of 6/12/13)!
Buy a “Share The Road” License Plate, Get a Free Membership!
Your Share the Road specialty license plate supports bicycle safety education statewide.
- When you purchase a Share the Road license plate, $28 of the initial and annual renewal fee supports important bicycle education programs, including Safe Routes to School
- Your purchase enables Bicycle Alliance of Washington to produce and distribute education pamphlets and Share the Road DVDs for driver education programs throughout Washington State.
- Your car, motorcycle, or trailer becomes a mini moving billboard to remind everyone around you to look out for others on the streets so we all arrive safely at our destinations.
As of May 31, 2013, over 5340 plates have been sold!
How to purchase a “Share the Road” license plate through our concierge service:
1. Tell us you want to get your Share the Road plate! You can e-mail jackh@BicycleAlliance.org or call 206-224-9252, Mon-Fri from 9-5 pm. Ask for Jack.
2. We need the following information to complete your application (You can e-mail us a picture of your vehicle registration, which contains everything we need, or if you’d prefer to do-it-yourself, you can go here before contacting us):
a) Current address, phone, and e-mail
b) Washington plate number
c) Vehicle identification number (last 4 digits only)
d) Car make and year
3. We’ll send you the completed application for you to sign. Select method of payment: 1) check made out to DOL. Cost is $72.75 for cars/trucks, $54.75 for motorcycles, and $60.75 for trailers, OR 2) if it’s more convenient to use a credit card, there will be an additional $2 processing fee (cost will show as a charge to the Bicycle Alliance of Washington if you use a credit card).
4. You send us the signed application and payment to DOL if you use a check.
5. You’ll get a temporary plate first from our licensing partner, then your new permanent Share the Road plates arrive via U.S. mail in 2-3 weeks.
Additional Benefits of “Share the Road” license plate purchase:
- Complimentary Membership: With your purchase of a Share the Road license plate, you’ll receive a complimentary individual membership. We’ll need you to let us know your Share the Road license plate number.
- Tax Deduction: Email email@example.com with your name, address, and license plate number, and we’ll send you a receipt for your tax-deductible donation.
Personalize your Share the Road Plate
Already have a Share the Road license plate? Now you can personalize your plate instead of just being a number. To find out what you can put on your plate and how to get it, check out the Department of Licensing FAQ page.
Share the Road Jersey
Our attractive Share the Road jersey makes a great gift for the cyclist on your list and supports BAW’s advocacy work. Currently available in XXL only, but we plan to order a new shipment this summer.