Show Your Bike Pride!
Buy a “Share The Road” License Plate, Get a Free Membership!
Your Share the Road specialty license plate supports bicycle safety education statewide.
- When you purchase a Share the Road license plate, $28 of the initial and annual renewal fee supports important bicycle education programs, including Safe Routes to School
- Your purchase enables Bicycle Alliance of Washington to produce and distribute education pamphlets and Share the Road DVDs for driver education programs throughout Washington State.
As of March 31, 2013, over 5209 plates have been sold!
To purchase a “Share the Road” license plate
- Download a Special License Plate Application [PDF].
- Fill out the application.
- If you are purchasing the standard 2 plates for your car and mailing to County Auditor, your total cost is $67.75. Other vehicle licensing offices charge a small processing fee so best to contact them before writing the check.
- Mail or take the completed application, with check, to your vehicle licensing office to purchase your plate.
Additional Benefits of “Share the Road” license plate purchase:
- Complimentary Membership: Go to our online membership form, fill out, and submit. You’ll receive email confirmation of your free individual membership.
- Tax Deduction: Email email@example.com with your name, address, and license plate number, and we’ll send you a receipt for your tax-deductible donation.
Personalize your Share the Road Plate
Already have a Share the Road license plate? Now you can personalize your plate instead of just being a number. To find out what you can put on your plate and how to get it, check out the Department of Licensing FAQ page.
Share the Road Jersey