What We Do
Founded in 1987, the Bicycle Alliance of Washington is Washington’s statewide bicycle advocacy organization and has led efforts for passage of the majority of bike legislation adopted in the past 25 years. The Alliance works to grow bicycling statewide and to create complete, safe and healthy streets by working for investment in a balanced transportation system, providing education, developing more inclusive communities for cycling, building a coalition of organizations, promoting bike tourism and travel, and seeking to make bicycling accessible to everyone.
We cultivate the growth of bicycling by:
- Teaching citizens to be effective bicycle advocates in their communities
- Helping policymakers shape policies that promote bicycling
- Advocating for adequate funding for bicycle infrastructure and safety education
- Training teachers how to instruct students on safe biking and walking skills.
- Promoting a streets for all philosophy through public awareness campaigns and educational materials
Check the Growing Bicycling section on our website for current programs and initiatives.